Since the beginning of August,
1) Post-VBS, hubby insisted that I not cook that night. He said, "I will order and pick-up pizza or Chinese, which do you want?" He ordered enough that it provided 3 meals worth!
2) We were out of town 2 days.
3) He had unexpected meetings which kept him away at dinner time twice.
3) We had 2 unexpected events that took over our dinner time. One to which I contributed a side-dish, the other was a celebration for which we went out to eat.
So, at this point we haen't used a huge amount of our August Menu Plan. Here's where we are so far...
- Hamburgers on the grill
- Steak on the grill x2
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts - in the Slow Cooker
Sesame Ginger Chicken Breasts - in the Slow Cooker Slow Cooker Pork Roast
- Beef Roast in the Slow Cooker
- Pizza x2 (using this dough and this sauce)
- Sloppy Joes
Tacos(first time I've made them and my kids loved 'em -- who knew!?)
"Go To" Chicken Casserole
- Honey Garlic Chicken (on the grill?)
- Parmesan Crusted Porkchops
- Crabcakes (received as a gift)
- Breakfast for Dinner
- Potato Spinach Sausage Casserole
- Vidalia Onion Pie
- Twice Baked Potatoes
Other meal options this week include:
- grits (daughter) & oatmeal (mom,dad,son) w/ raisins or blueberries
- Egg in a hole
- Muffins or Quick Bread and scrambled eggs (looking for a good strawberry muffin recipe - recommendations??)
- Creamed Chipped Beef over Whole Wheat Biscuits (held over from earlier in the month)
- Breakfast Casserole (haven't decided exactly which one yet)
Lots of leftovers, PBJs, smoothies, turkey & cheese sandwiches
You can find more menu plans at Organizinng Junkie.