Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Honey Garlic Chicken

This recipe is one of my family's absolute favorites and always gets compliments when I serve it to guests.

Honey Garlic Chicken


Ingredients:
6 Chicken pieces
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
3 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 egg yolk
2 Tblsp honey
4 Tblsp margarine/butter – melted

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Place rack in baking sheet with lip. Spray rack with oil.
  3. Mix garlic powder, salt, pepper. Rub mixture into chicken pieces.
  4. Place chicken skin side down on rack.
  5. In small bowl, beat egg yolk, honey and butter. Brush over chicken.
  6. Bake 30 minutes at 350.
  7. Turn chicken over and baste with remaining butter/honey mixture.
  8. Bake at 400 for approx. 15 minutes or until internal temperature equals 180.

Notes:
I found the original recipe on allrecipes.com, but wanted more garlic so altered it to the above recipe. I often use chicken thighs and legs; if you use breasts you may want more of the spice rub. I also suggest lining the pan with foil as this makes a sticky mess as it bakes. This recipe would also be good on the grill.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM! Now I know what's for dinner tomorrow night! Thanks!

Sandra said...

I know what I'm having too! That looks and sounds SO good.

UnfinishedMom said...

UM here - I hope your families enjoy it as much as mine does.

Sandra said...

We just finished eating this. It took a lot longer to cook. I just checked the all recipes link and it says the first part is 45-60 minutes, and then an additional 15 minutes. After the first 40 minutes, mine was still white. I cooked it for 1 hour and 25 minutes to get it done. The whole family agreed that this is a keeper recipe. Next time I will know to allow for extra time though. It was very juicy and had a different, but nice flavor.

UnfinishedMom said...

Sandra - Did you use large pieces of chicken? The legs and thighs don't usually take very long, but breasts would certainly take longer.

Sandra said...

I used a whole chicken and the legs and thighs were just as white as the breasts. I always cut my breasts in half since there are 7 of us. It also helps for the one smaller end to not get as done as the bigger end.

UnfinishedMom said...

Hmmm. I'm sorry it took so long to cook. But, I'm glad your family enjoyed it. It is one of our favorites.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin