Honey Garlic Chicken
6 Chicken pieces
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
3 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 egg yolk
2 Tblsp honey
4 Tblsp margarine/butter – melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place rack in baking sheet with lip. Spray rack with oil.
- Mix garlic powder, salt, pepper. Rub mixture into chicken pieces.
- Place chicken skin side down on rack.
- In small bowl, beat egg yolk, honey and butter. Brush over chicken.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350.
- Turn chicken over and baste with remaining butter/honey mixture.
- Bake at 400 for approx. 15 minutes or until internal temperature equals 180.
I found the original recipe on allrecipes.com, but wanted more garlic so altered it to the above recipe. I often use chicken thighs and legs; if you use breasts you may want more of the spice rub. I also suggest lining the pan with foil as this makes a sticky mess as it bakes. This recipe would also be good on the grill.