The basic ingredients are: pasta, chicken, veggies and cheese. The amounts can vary depending on what you have on hand.
- 1 box of your favorite pasta - penne, rigatoni, mixture of leftovers, whatever floats your boat
- ~2 cups of veggies*: carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms, peas - again, whatever's on hand and makes your family happy
- ~ 1 cup leftover chicken, shredded or diced
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup (I use this recipe.)
- ~1 cup shredded cheese (mozzerella, cheddar - again whatever floats your boat.)
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Cut up veggies to bite size; par-boil or saute according to preference; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Shred or dice chicken.
- Combine pasta, veggies, chicken, soup and cheese in very large bowl until evenly mixed.
- Dump the whole mixture into 9x13 pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
* If your family prefers soft veggies, then par-boil or saute them for ~4-5 minutes before mixing with the other ingredients. If they prefer crisper veggies, leave them raw.