Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Meatball Mix

I found this meatball recipe in "Make-A-Mix Cookery", one of my mother's cookbooks that I recently re-discovered (You can find this book in my right side bar under "I Recommend"). I used it with the ground beef I recently bought on sale.

Meatball Mix
(printable recipe)

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs. lean ground beef
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 1 C breadcrumbs
  • ¼ C onion
  • 1 T salt
  • 2 T cornstarch
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400°
  2. Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
  3. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
  4. Place meatballs on ungreased baking sheet and bake 10-15 min.
  5. Remove immediately and drain on paper towels.
  6. When cooled, put about 30 into 1-quart freezer bags.
  7. Freeze.
Notes:
The original recipe was double this amount and says it makes about 144 meatballs. I used 2 lbs of ground beef and I got about 120 meatballs. My meatballs must be smaller.
If you are a stock-piler or you like to Make-Ahead meals, these meatballs would work well in spaghetti, meatball subs, Sweet & Sour Meatballs and several other recipes.

For more great recipes visit:
Tasty Tuesday @ BalancingBeautyandBedlam
Tempt My Tummy @ BlessedWithGrace.

3 comments:

mub said...

I love a good meatball every now and then! Thanks for the recipe, I think I'll mix up a batch next time ground beef goes on sale. Thanks =)

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

GREAT recipe!! Thanks for joining TMTT this week.

Brenda said...

Great idea to have on hand for a quick meal

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin