Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops

This is my family's favorite recipe for pork chops. The orginal recipe came from Giada DeLaurentis on the FoodNetwork. I have updated it and added my personal notes. 

Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 Cup grated Parmesan*
  • 2 large eggs, whisked
  • 1 Cup Italian style bread crumbs**
  • 4 porkchops (1/2 - 3/4" thick) - bone-in or boneless***
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 6 Tblsp olive oil

Directions:
  1. Lay out 3 pie plates (or other similar size container with sides). Place Parmesan cheese, whisked eggs and bread crumbs in 3 separate pie plates (one ingredient in each container).
  2. Sprinkle pork chops with salt & pepper on both sides.
  3. Coat pork chops with parmesan cheese on both sides; pat to adhere.
  4. Dip chops into eggs, turn to coat both sides.
  5. Dredge pork chops in bread crumbs; turn to coat both sides. Pat to adhere.
  6. Heat 3 T oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chops in batches if necessary; cook until golden brown and center reaches 150° (~6 minutes per side; longer for thicker chops). (DO NOT try to "hurry" this up by raising the heat; the pork chops will scorch on the outside and be underdone inside.)
  7. Transfer to plate; serve.

Notes:
* The original recipe calls for freshly grated Parmesan, but I rarely use it because of the expense; the recipe is wonderful either way.
** Regular bread crumbs with 1 Tblsp Italian seasoning mixed in works fine.
*** I've used both bone-in and boneless pork chops with great success.
My digital probe thermometer and my long-handled tongs are essential tools for this recipe. The recipe is easily cut in half for our family. We find 2 pork chops is more than enough meat for 2 adults and 2 young children and often have about 1/2 pork chop for leftovers.

This recipe is linked to:
Kitchen Tip Tuesday @ Tammy's Recipes
Tempt My Tummy @ Blessed With Grace and
Tasty Tuesday @ Balancing Beauty & Bedlam

7 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I love this recipe! Thanks for sharing the recipe and linking up to TMTT.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy, I know my hubby would love this recipe.

annies home said...

good and easy and I think would please my family
thanks

Pam said...

Yummy! I'm going to try these for sure.

Brenda said...

This looks really good, I posted a pork chop recipe this week too!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I don't do pork chops often because I don't have many good recipes for pork chops, but these look delicious.

FoodontheTable said...

This looks so simple - I'm sure it tastes great!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin