Sunday, January 24, 2010

Menu Plan - January 24, 2010 (Leftovers galore)



Leftovers. Leftovers. Leftovers. That seems to be the theme of this week.

Last week we used up some of the various ingredients that had been lurking in my fridge and freezer. There were a few changes along the way that resulted in more leftovers than I had anticipated. My in-laws bought dinner for us one night, so the Tortellini I'd planned was delayed; it also made a lot more than I expected. We'll be eating on that for lunches and at least one dinner this week.  And of course we have leftovers from Saturday's turkey. Some of that will be turkey tetrazini and some of it will go into the freezer to be used at a later time (when we're not so tired of turkey).

So, here's the plan for the week (subject to change at a moment's notice):

Sunday:
B - cereal
L - pot luck at church - I took two turkey casseroles
D - Leftovers: turkey, fruit salad, scalloped potatoes

Monday
B - cereal
L - Pigs in a Blanket
D - Tortellini leftovers

Tuesday
B - Whole Wheat Banana Muffins & scrambled eggs

D - Turkey Tetrazzini,* green beans, sauteed mushrooms

Wednesday
B - Oatmeal w/ various toppings
D - Chicken Piccata, Asian Spinach, ??vegetable

Thursday
B - Bagels & scrambled eggs
D - Leftovers

Friday
B - Pancakes or Waffles French toast
D - Pork Stir Fry w/ peppers, onions & mushrooms

Saturday
B - Pineapple souffle
D - Hamburgers, Tater tots, more veggies

*Recipe coming soon

I'm also planning to use the turkey carcass on Tuesday to make turkey stock. I love the way the house smells when I make stock.

If you need more ideas to brainstorm your meal plans, visit Organizing Junkie.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin