Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How to Get 24 Rolls of Toilet Paper - FREE at Giant


Yes. You read that correctly. I walked out of Giant Food yesterday with 24 rolls of bath tissue and paid no money out of pocket.  Here's how it worked.


There is currently a Proctor and Gamble catalina promotion at Giant.  When you purchase $30 worth of products you will receive a catalina coupon for $10 off your next shopping order. What makes this deal really sweet is that you reach the $30 threshold with the shelf price of products, not the sale price.  So you don't actually pay $30 out of pocket and you still get a $10.00 coupon for your next order. (Thanks Moneywise Moms for letting us know about this.)


Giant's sales run from Friday - Thursday, so this deal is good through Thursday, January 21.

How to get your free toilet paper:


Step 1
Pick up an ad for Giant. Take note of the back page which lists all the Proctor and Gamble products which apply to this promotion.

Step 2
Note the shelf price for toilet paper. It was $15.49 at my Giant.

Step 3
At the above price, buy 2 packs of Charmin Bath Tissue. Pay $20.00 (sale price for Charmin this week) out of pocket. Receive $10.00 coupon for your next order.

Step 4
Buy a third pack of toilet paper. Use your $10.00 coupon to get the entire pack free.

OR

Buy two more packs of toilet paper and roll this deal as often as you wish.

I rolled the deal once and bought 4 packs, paid $30.00 out of pocket and got a 5th pack free. So, I got 96 rolls of toilet paper for $0.31/roll and 24 completely free.

There were also coupons available in Sunday's paper which can save you about $2.00 more on this deal. You can also see a list of the other products that are included in the Proctor & Gamble promo here or here.

2 comments:

Amy Rainey said...

Thanks for posting. I'm going to try to make it to Giant tomorrow. I did not receive any Charmin coupons in my P&G this week, but I did find $1/2 in the P&G from 12/27. Just a heads-up for anyone else in my boat. Great deal!

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Oh, good, I'm not the only one with that much TP in my house. My husband thinks I'm crazy :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin