Thursday, September 3, 2009

Favorite Recipes

Today's theme at the Ultimate Recipe Swap is Favorite Recipes.

I am going to confess right away. I am not going to post my favorite recipe. I can't.

When I'm looking for comfort food that I enjoy making, I enjoy eating, and I hope against hope that no one in my family will be very hungry so that I can hoard all the leftovers, I fix fried chicken. When I was pregnant and craving a food, it was fried chicken -- my fried chicken. The problem is... I don't have a recipe. I just do it the way my mother taught me. I only make it about once or twice a year because 1) it is not very healthy, 2) it is very bad for hubby's cholesterol, 3) it makes a mess of the kitchen and smells up the house for 2 days after I make it. So, I don't make it very often. I don't have a recipe written out and I don't have a photo so I couldn't post my favorite recipe. Maybe someday over the fall or winter, the next time I make it, I'll write down what I do and post it for you all. Maybe.

So then I thought well, what would be my second favorite recipe. And there - I could not decide. There are too many foods I like and too many recipes I like to make. I do love to cook. I do not mind spending most of my day in the kitchen (oh wait, that's for another post - back to the topic). So, well, here are some of my second favorites....

Favorite Smoothie: Purple Lava

Favorite Fast Dinner: Chicken Stir Fry

Favorite Muffin: Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip

Favorite Veggies: Glazed Carrots & Asian Spinach

Favorite Cookie: Chocolate Crinkles


Do you have a favorite recipe?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin