Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Purple Lava

This is my very favorite smoothie in all the world. It's wonderfully thick, cold and absolutely delicious. Last year when we had an abundance of strawberries and blueberries I came up with this wonderful concoction. It has been dubbed "Purple Lava" by my husband because it is so thick. It is purple. It pours like lava.

Thus ... Purple Lava.
(printable recipe)

Ingredients:
  • 1 C plain or vanilla yogurt (or use this recipe to make your own)
  • 1 C frozen blueberries*
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 C frozen strawberries*
Directions:
  • Place ingredients in blender in the order listed above.
  • Blend all ingredients until smooth, You may need to stir often as you go.
  • Pour and serve.
Notes:
* If using fresh berries add ice to make it colder and thicker.



For more cool recipes to eat and drink visit LifeAsMom.
And for more great food visit Food on Fridays @ AnnKroeker.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

This sounds delicious. I'm always looking for interesting smoothie combinations; I'm printing this one out. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to make this tomorrow morning--or maybe tonight! I have all the stuff to put it together, and my kids love trying good smoothie combinations.

Thanks for your instructions/recipe!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin