Whole Wheat Banana Chip Muffins
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1 C white flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ C white sugar
- ¼ C canola oil
- ¾ C skim milk
- 1 egg
- 2 bananas, mashed (approx 1 C)
- ¾ C chocolate chips
- Combine flours, baking powder, salt in large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix together, sugar, milk, egg, oil, banana.
- Set oven for 375°; grease muffin pan.
- Mix together dry and wet ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full (about ¼ cup)
- Place pan in oven; raise temperature to 400°. (Here's why)
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Turn out of pan almost immediately; do not cool upside down (they squash)
Makes 12 muffins.
I've done these with a few minor variations all with good success. Sometimes I've added or substituted ¼ cup brown sugar with the white sugar; sometimes I add ½ cup applesauce; I find if I leave out the oil and just use applesauce they come out too dense. These make good tall muffins.
For more great Kitchen Tips go to Tammy's Recipes.