Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Super Bowl & Party Food

Confession: I am not a football fan. I never have been. Having also married a non-football fan I doubt that I ever will be. As far as I'm concerned football is just an interruption to good conversation. I used to root for the team with the prettiest colors on their uniform just to annoy my older brother. I don't think I have ever been to a Super Bowl party in my life. You see we're just not football people in my family (except for my brother, God bless him!)

At this moment in time I am not planning to attend a Super Bowl party. Maybe I should gather some girlfriends who are also non-football fans and we could get together and gab. (But, given the current weekend weather predictions for our area, maybe not.)

So, it's rather odd that I'm doing this post today... Super Bowl Party food. I really haven't got a clue what food one would take to a Super Bowl party.

However, I do have a clue what I would take to a party involving lots of finger foods that can be nibbled on for several hours.  If I had my druthers and could find wings at a really good price I would probably take Lemon Pepper Wings using this recipe. Of course, if I wanted to get all extravagant and use the crab meat I'd snagged and frozen in July (because that's when it's cheapest), then I'd make this best-crab-dip-in-the-world.

As I understand it there's usually chips and dip at these functions, so I'd probably be inclined to take this Pumpkin dip, too. I prefer it with Wheat Thins, but Hubby is partial to tortilla chips. Or I could take this awesome fruit dip along with a bunch of fruit, obviously. That might provide something that was actually healthy! As for dessert - it's kind of funny, I've never heard of anyone taking dessert to a Super Bowl party. Do people do that?

But all of that is just fodder for daydreaming, of course, because I'm a non-football fan and I won't be attending a Super Bowl party.

Don't feel bad for me. I don't!

Are you going to a party on Sunday or are you a weird non-football person like us?

For food ideas that other people will be taking to a real Super Bowl party be sure to visit Life As Mom's Ultimate Recipe Swap.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin