Monday, November 9, 2009

Menu Plan - November 9, 2009

Well, as life does sometimes, it interrupts the best laid plans of Moms and Men. I had my menu plan all figured out for the week. I was going to do some major freezer cooking on Tuesday and Wednesday. And then Tuesday evening I got a phone call. My 85+ year old uncle had passed away. This was my father's only brother. We had known that he was not well for over a year and had recently been in the hospital, so it wasn't a complete shock. However, it did throw a wrench into the plans. So, we do when life interrupts... I adjusted. I reworked the plan a bit to several things that my husband could fix while I was out of town at the funeral. In the end it worked quite well and I was pleased.

Now that I'm back in town and life has begun to settle down, I've worked out the plan for the week:

Sunday:
B - cereal, milk
D - spaghetti

Monday:
B - pancakes, sausage links
D - First meal from Psst (Orange Chicken, review coming soon)

Tuesday:
B - Eggs & Toast
D - Sloppy Joes (using this recipe)

Wednesday:
B - Creamed Chipped Beef over Whole Wheat Biscuits (holdover from last week)
D - Shake & Bake Chicken Nuggets, corn, peas

Thursday:
B - Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins & sausage links
D - Leftovers

Friday:
B - Waffles & fruit
D - Steak, green beans, sweet potatoes, ?

Saturday:
B - TBD, want to try a new Cinnamon Roll recipe
D - TBD, several scheduling issues unresolved


For more great Menu Plans be sure to visit Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

Amy Rainey said...

Welcome back! Thanks for the kind words about my "makeover" :) I'm slowly figuring all of this out.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin