Shake 'N Bake Chicken Nuggets
- 1 cup homemade bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 T paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 T vegetable oil
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Store indefinitely in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- Put about 1/2 cup of coating mixture into ziploc bag.
- Add 5-6 pieces of chicken and shake to coat. Place coated pieces on baking sheet.
- Repeat step 5 until all chicken pieces are covered, adding more coating as needed.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approx 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
My kids love this recipe. It is our family's favorite for chicken nuggets. I've never used this for coating whole pieces of chicken, but I believe it would work the same as Shake 'N Bake.
This recipe was originally published on my old blog, September 16, 2008.