Sunday, November 15, 2009

Menu Plan - November 15, 2009


We did a bit better sticking to our plan this week -- no major interruptions in life.

Hubby's schedule has been very busy in the evenings the last few weeks and the result has been a lack of desire to cook on my part. I prefer to not fight the "I don't like thats" when I'm the only grown up home. So, I usually fix a kid favoite. The problem is I'm getting kind of tired of spaghetti, mac & cheese & leftovers. I also need to make room in my freezer for a turkey or two. Turkeys are cheaper now than they will be all year; I'd like to buy 2, if I can find room in the deep freeze. So, I'm going to try and up the ante on dinner this week. We are keeping a friend's child next weekend so I'll be planning the kid friendly stuff for those evenings.

Here's what's on the plan this week:

Sunday:
B - cereal
D - breakfast for dinner

Monday
B - Whole Wheat Carrot Raisin Muffins* & scrambled eggs
D - Roasted Chicken

Tuesday
B - Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
D - Second meal from Psst (Chicken Piccata, review coming this week)

Wednesday
B - Creamed Chipped Beef over Whole Wheat Biscuits (another hold over)
D - Leftovers

Thursday
B - Pumpkin Waffles
D - "Noodle Thing" casserole (noodles, spaghetti sauce, mozzerella - bake at 350, 30 minutes)

Friday
B - French Toast
D - Pizza (using this dough recipe and this sauce recipe)

Saturday
B - TBD
D - Chicken Nuggets (heldover from last week)

Side Dishes will include these from my freezer and stockpile: fresh cut pineapple, peaches, green beans, corn, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes and maybe a few other things too as I like to include a few fresh fruits & veggies and we're running low at the moment.

*Recipe to be posted soon


 For more great menu planning ideas visit Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

The Hall Family said...

I think you'll LOVE the pumpkin waffles, we did. And we've also tried Lynn's peanut butter oatmeal and loved it as well. YUMMY!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin