Whole Wheat Carrot Raisin Muffins
- 1 ½ Cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup unbleached all-purppose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¾ Cup milk
- ¼ Cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- ½ Cup honey
- 1½ Cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 Cup raisins
- Combine flours, baking powder, spices, salt in large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix together, milk, oil, egg, honey.
- Set oven for 375°; grease muffin pan.
- Mix together dry and wet ingredients.
- Fold in shredded carrot and raisins.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full (about ¼ cup)
- Place pan in oven; raise temperature to 400°. (Here's why)
- Bake 17-20 minutes.
- Turn out of pan almost immediately; do not cool upside down (they squash)
Makes 12 muffins.
Sometimes I've substituted sugar for the honey. Hubby and I really love these. They've been on our breakfast menu several times in the last 2 weeks.
These also freeze very well.
You can find more great recipes at:
Cupcake Tuesday @ Hoosier Homemade
Tempt My Tummy @ Blessed With Grace
Tasty Tuesday @ Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Tuesdays at the Table @ All the Small Stuff