Monday, December 14, 2009

A Different Plan


Ever had a plan that didn't go exactly as planned? I had one. I had all the details worked out.

To start, my attitude stunk.

I was due on December 29. Four days after Christmas.

Uh oh.

I did not want to have a baby on Christmas Day.

Joseph was just 2 years old. This would be the first Christmas he was really aware of anything. I wanted to be there to watch him open presents. I wanted to see his face and hear his squeals. This was my son! We were starting our own family traditions. It was important for me to be there.

I did not want to have that baby on Christmas Day.

So, we made a plan and scheduled the C-section for December 26. We would go to my sister's for dinner on Christmas Day; Joseph would stay at her house that evening, so that Hubby and I could leave for the Hospital before dawn the next morning.

He would stay at my sister's that day and my father would bring him to the hospital to see his new sister. Then, my mother-in-law would stay with him at our house for several days while I was in the hospital. We had it all worked out.

God had a different plan.

Mary had plans. She was engaged to a kind man. They were going to be married.

She was making plans for their life together after the wedding. She gathered the things she would need; discussed the plans with her mother. How many bowls would she need? How many blankets?

She would take care of Joseph. She looked forward to cooking for him. Later they would have children. The families were excited. She would make a good wife and mother.

God had a different plan. A better plan.


Coming Soon... Part 2

1 comment:

Mikki said...

What a great post.
Isn't it amazing that God's word and the stories contained in it can reach ALL area's of our lives!

Blessings to you this day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin