Sunday, November 1, 2009

Menu Plan - November 1, 2009


Oh my goodness. Is it really November already? Wasn't it just the beginning of September last week? I'm having a bit of difficulty wrapping my brain around another month of menu planning. It seems like I just did this. I did ask the family about suggestions, got some good ones and a few I rejected outright because I refuse to serve fried chicken more than 2 times per year. We may not be the healthiest eaters, but I do draw the line somewhere!  Included in this month's plan are two meals I received from Pssst. I'll be posting a review when we've eaten them.

Here are the plans for the month:
Hamburgers
Steak
Pizza (requested by Joseph)
Spaghetti x2
Pizza Meatloaf
Grilled Cheese & Soup (requested by Joseph & Cora)
Mac & Cheese w/ Hot dogs x2
Chicken Stir Fry (requested by Cora), probably x2
Chicken Nuggets
Sesame Ginger Chicken in Crockpot
Vidalia Onion Chicken in Crockpot
Indonesian Ginger Chicken (requested by Hubby)
Parmesan Crusted Pork chops
Sloppy Joes
Tacos
Thanksgiving Dinner
Turkey Tettrazini
Meals from Psst x2
Leftovers x4
Twice Baked Potatoes (wondering if these can be done ahead and frozen...anybody know?)

I know that's not a full month's worth of meals, but I suspect our schedule is going to be rather fluid this month so I'm going to stop there and see how things go. I'm also starting to look more into Once A Month Cooking and making meals ahead. I've done this more with breakfast foods than dinner foods in the past. I'll re-assess the menu as the month progresses.

Up for this week at Unfinished Mom's House:
(Breakfasts are mostly the same as last week because it just makes planning easier!)

Sunday:
B - cereal
D - various leftovers

Monday:
B - pancakes, fruit
D - Hamburgers w/ peaches, peas, corn

Tuesday
B - Oatmeal with various additions according to taste
D - Sesame Ginger Chicken in Crockpot w/ brown rice, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans

Wednesday
B - Creamed Chipped Beef over Whole Wheat Biscuits
D - Spaghetti

Thursday
B - Egg in a Hole or scrambled eggs, grits
D - Leftovers

Friday
B - Waffles & fruit
D - Sloppy Joes or Tacos


Saturday
B - going to try again to make this Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
D - Parmesan Crusted Porkchops

Lunches: as always will be dominated by leftovers along with turkey & cheese sandwiches, PBJs, applesauce, cantaloupe, bananas, canned peaches, carrot sticks


Fore more great menu plans, be sure to visit Organizing Junkie.

5 comments:

Hoosier Homemade said...

Did you get a box of those Panko breadcrumbs? I did, we had them on chicken tenders last wk and they were pretty good.
Looks like a great plan!
~Liz

B's Mom said...

The twice baked potatoes can most definitely be made ahead and frozen. I'll try to find more details for you as to what point you would freeze them at and how to warm up when ready to serve. I am an extreme fan of OAMC.

Unknown said...

Our teen would love it if I just serve the fried chicken skins twice a week. No, it's not happening in our house either!
I'm always looking for different meal ideas. That's why I love MPM.
You have a great week!

Jenna @ blog.chivetalkin.com said...

Hi! Another monthly menu planner! That is awesome. Sesame Ginger Chicken in a crockpot sounds yum! I have done the freezer meals before and have had success with it. It worked especially well when I had a new baby. I'd love to know how your are successful at it. Please join in again next week on the menu plan blog roll at Chivetalkin. I LOVE having you.

Amy Rainey said...

Hey, I've never done the twice baked potatoes in the freezer, but I am going to make loaded mashed potatoes to freeze this week because SuperFresh had 5 lb bags of russets bogo free. If they do well I'll post the recipe on my blog.

If you pull off OAMC, you're my hero...I've planned but never followed through.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin