Monday, September 14, 2009

Menu Plan - Sept 14, 2009


I'm a bit later than I should be doing this menu plan, but I chose to spend some much needed time with Hubby yesterday evening rather than cloister myself on the computer with the menu plan. It was one of those times when the marriage needed time. So other things could just wait for a bit.


So here I am today, Monday morning figuring out the menu plan. Not everything went as planned last week, and this week Hubby is out of town for at least 4 dinners. Also, the weather is going to be warm for a few days and then cooler for a few. I'm planning meals with those variables in mind.

Here's what's on the plan this week:

Monday
B - Bird in a basket
D - Omelets

Tuesday
B - Oatmeal w/ peanut butter or blueberries, Grits
D - Pizza w/ ham & pineapple (using this dough and this sauce), another veggie (holdover from last week)

Wednesday
B - Wh. Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, scrambled eggs & fruit
D - Chicken Stir Fry (Hubby's favorite)

Thursday
B -Pancakes & fruit
D -Leftovers (something quick & easy as I'll be out of town all day)

Friday
B - French Toast or French Toast Casserole
D - Breakfast for Dinner (waffles or panckaes, sausage links, fried apples)

Saturday
B - Baked Oatmeal
D - Chicken & Dumplings

Sunday
B - Cereal
D - Hamburgers on the grill

Lunches:  Lots of leftovers, PBJs, smoothies, ham & cheese sandwiches

Side Dishes this week will include: green beans, cantaloupe, peaches, glazed carrots, broccoli,

For lots more menu options, visit OrganizingJunkie.
Oh I almost forgot --- For health reasons, I'd like to add more fish to our menu, but 1) it tends to be expensive and 2) there are some picky eaters at our house.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

1 comment:

Martha said...

Tilapia is usually my go-to fish. It cooks up pretty firmly (my husband does not like mushy foods) and doesn't have a strong flavor itself so it ends up tasting like whatever you cook it in or with. It also is one of the least expensive (I usually buy a bag of filets frozen when it goes on sale) AND is not over fished AND doesn't contain too much mercury or other heavy metals. Fish is so tricky!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin