Sunday, March 28, 2010

Menu Plan - March 28, 2010: Planning for a Busy Week

Spring has sprung in this neck of the woods. At the moment it's chilly, raining cats and dogs and I'm craving chocolate. (Hmmm, I wonder if that will affect how I change the menu over the next several days?) But, later in the week the temperatures are supposed to get into the 70s. Oh, I am so looking forward to being warm again!

Anyway, I actually wrote this menu plan on Friday as I was prepping for a trip to various grocery stores. The flour sales at every grocery store in town are making me want to bake, but it's shaping up to be a very busy week, so I'm thinking that probably won't happen much this week.

Many of my recipe links this week are from other blogs and sites. The internet is a wonderful source for delicious new recipes. I hope you'll try out some of these. This week I'll be researching ham recipes. I have a 10 pound bone-in ham in my freezer which I want to cook for Easter, but absolutely no idea how to cook the thing! Seriously, if you've got a good ham recipe, please leave a recipe or link in the comments.

Without futher ado, here's our plan for the week...

Sunday
B - Quick favorites (Pop-tarts, grits, toast)
D - Leftover Buffet (we cleaned out 6 different containers tonight!)

Monday
B - Baked Oatmeal
D - Chicken Fajitas

Tuesday
B - Chocolate Chip Muffins (I'd give you a link, but I'm not fond of the particular recipe I used)
D - Hamburgers, Asian Spinach, corn, cucumber slices

Wednesday
B - Waffles
D - Crockpot Sweet Vidalia Onion Chicken, brown rice, Green beans, corn

Thursday
B - Egg in a Hole, Smoothies
D - Spaghetti (Hubby's cooking)

Friday
B - Cereal
D - Leftover buffet

Saturday
B - TBD
D - Chicken Piccatta over linguine noodles, other veggies TBD



As always, thanks for visiting. If you're looking for more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie.

4 comments:

Amy Rainey said...

Denise has a brown sugar rub that she always uses on her hams...I think there is honey in it too. I'm sure she'll share.

When I buy a big ham like that, I just bake it plain and cut it up for quiche and other recipes. You could also try Southern Plate and Tasty Kitchen, they are reliable sources for good recipes ;)

Sonshine said...

Here is what I do a whole ham. I brush it with a honey glaze. Bake at 200° for 6-7 hours or put in your crockpot on low in the morning and it will be ready to serve at dinnertime. The honey glaze consists of 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup honey and 1 cup light brown sugar.


Also I noticed that you are not particularly fond of your chocolate chip muffin recipe. Here is a couple of yummy ones at my house!

http://glimpseofsonshine.blogspot.com/2008/08/friday-afternoon-snack.html

http://moneysavingmom.com/2009/06/baking-day-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins.html

HTH with your plans for the week. :)

The rest of your menu sounds yummy! :)

Leah said...

I like to do it in the crockpot too, it turns out so juicy and delish. I save the bone to make ham broth for split pea or bean soup too :)

Tricia @ This Happy Home said...

We use this recipe for our hams, usually in the crockpot.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Honey-Glazed-Ham/Detail.aspx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin