It goes together very easily and can be mixed up the night before and baked in the morning - making it that much better! We've now had it as a side dish for dinner as well as for breakfast. We loved it both ways. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do.
½ loaf Hawaiian Bread (round)
1 stick butter
1 Cup sugar
8 oz can crushed pineapple, strained.
- Cut the bread into ½" cubes. (You can cut the crust off if you prefer.)
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Mix in the pineapple.
- Add the bread and mix together (I think this works best by hand.)
- Place in a 1½ qt casserole.
- Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes, uncovered.
You can easily double this recipe and bake it in a 9x13.
The second time I made it, I only used 3 eggs. It still worked very well, but wasn't quite as rich as with 4 eggs.
This recipe is linked to:
Tempt My Tummy @ Blessed with Grace
Tasty Tuesday @ Balancing Beauty & Bedlam
Tuesdays at the Table @ All the Small Stuff
Ultimate Recipe Swap @ LifeAsMom