Here's where we are so far with my list:
Chocolate Crinkles - dough made, ready to bake
Date Nut Pinwheels
Moravian Spice Cookie Wafers (delicious, but time consuming)
Rosenmunnar (Swedish thumbprint cookies)
Planned for today:
Chocolate Crinkles baked
Rosenmunnar (it's a cold, crisp day - a good day to make these)
Date Nut Pinwheels - dough & filling made, rolled and into freezer
Sugar Cookie Dough - ready for kiddos to cut & decorate tonight.
- 1 Cup butter
- 1 Cup sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 35-38 saltine crackers (~1 sleeve)
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- 1 Cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Boil together butter, sugar, vanilla for 3 minutes. DO NOT STIR.
- Line 10x15 cookie pan with sides* with foil, grease. Cover with saltine crackers.
- Pour syrup (above) over and spread.
- Bake at 325° for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and score through middle and side of each cracker for easy separation later.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Spread as they melt.
- Sprinkle lightly with finely chopped nuts.
* A 10x15 cookie pan will fit the crackers perfectly. You will need to cut 2-3 down the middle to fill in one edge.
I've never tried using Reynolds Release Non-stick foil, but I think it would work well.
We like pecans on the top, but the nuts are really optional.
Be sure to come back and check on my progress!
You can see the other Cookie Marathon posts here.