Sunday, October 25, 2009

Menu Plan - 10-25-2009

We did reasonably well at sticking to our menu plan last week, though several days got re-arranged because of various schedule changes. I am absolutely okay with that. It's a menu plan and even though I publish it on the world wide web, it's basically written in jello, not cement. We had a friend for dinner Saturday night. He has a rather large appetite and I had recently found ricotta cheese on a good sale so I made lasagna instead of the roasted chicken I'd planned. This week's menu is pretty straight forward. We have another birthday at the end of the week and as always the birthday boy has requested pizza. Haven't decided on whether I'll make it myself or order out, it may depend on how many family members I'm going to be feeding.


So, here's the plan for this week.

Sunday:
B - cereal
D - leftover lasagna from Sat. night


Monday:
B - pancakes, fruit

Tuesday
B - Oatmeal with various additions according to taste
D - Sloppy Joes, corn, green beans

Wednesday
B - Apple & Raisin French Toast Casserole (recipe to be posted this week)
D - Go To Chicken Casserole (this did not happen last week)

Thursday
B - Egg in a Hole or scrambled eggs, grits
D - Leftovers

Friday
B - Waffles & fruit
D - Omelets or Spinach & Bacon Frittata (I really want to try this recipe)

Saturday
B - going to try again to make this Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
L - pizza (DS request for his birthday)
D - grilled cheese & soup (our regular Halloween night dinner 'cause it's quick & easy)

Lunches: as always will be dominated by leftovers along with PBJs, applesauce, cantaloupe, bananas, canned peaches, possibly carrot sticks

Next week will bring a whole new month of menu planning.  I'm getting a bit tired of some of the old standbys so I'll be browsing my recipe collections for new recipes this week. We'll see what we can find!

For 300+ menu plan inspirations visit Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't had Grits in years. My husband and teen aren't fans. Bummer!
Looks like you have a yummy week planned.
Have a great Halloween or Harvest Festival!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin