- 2-3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3-4 slices of bacon, chopped
- ¼ small head of cabbage, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- ~¼ Cup milk, warmed
- 3 T butter, melted
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in saucepan with enough water to cover. Boil and cook until tender, ~10 minutes.
- Chop uncooked bacon into small ½" pieces, then spread in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain on several paper towels, reserving drippings.
- In reserved drippings, saute the cabbage and onion until soft and translucent.
- Drain cooked potatoes, mash until no lumps remain.
- Mix in warmed milk and butter. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Fold in cabbage and onion and half of cooked bacon.
- Transfer potatoes to serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining bacon over potatoes and serve immediately.
This recipe will serve 6-8, depending on the appetite.
This is best when it is freshly cooked and still warm. Warmed leftovers are merely mediocre.
For a varitety of great recipes visit the Ultimate Recipe Swap at LifeasMom.