Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Earning Gift Cards

So I'll admit I was rather skeptical at the beginning.

I kept seeing these posts about this thing called "Swagbucks". Several different bloggers were talking about earning gift cards just by doing searches on their computer. That sounded like a, "Yeah, right!" to me. I don't believe anything is ever free. There's always a catch, right?

But, I kept seeing these posts. So, finally after a discussion with hubby, I decided I didn't really have anything to lose by trying. So, I signed up. I put Swagbucks on our main computer - the one I and the kids use most.

It didn't take very long, maybe 10 minutes tops. And, then, without any real effort I began collecting points, theycall them "Swag Bucks". I'd do my usual search whenever I needed to find something new and every so often, I'd accumulate another Swagbuck or two.

It's been a few months now. I haven't advertised it (aside from a note in the sidebar). I haven't pushed it with anyone and lo and behold I've earned myself a couple of gift cards at Amazon. It's really pretty cool.

The Swagbucks search engine is powered by Google and Ask. I've found the results are pretty good. Occasionally I have to switch over to Google, but not very often.

Really, I wouldn't encourage anyone else to do this if it wasn't working for me. But, it is working.

Go ahead. Sign up. You know you're going to be searching for something on the web soon. Why not earn some free prizes at the same time?

There are lots of prizes to choose from. You can earn gift cards to Amazon or Starbucks. But you can also get gifts for your kids. I've got my eye on a Superman notebook for my son.

Click on the button below to get started:
Search & Win

It works for me, it'll work for you too!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I signed up for that, and then promptly forgot about it! Maybe I'll give it another try!

Tracey said...

I don't currently use Swagbucks, but I do take advantage of My Points and a program through our bank that allow me to accumulate points for gift cards. As you say, it's a great way to fund some gifts for Christmas and other occcasions.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin