It took me a while to figure out what to post. I'm posting a recipe you probably already have. I sort of have a hard time believing anyone doesn't already have this recipe. I've seen so many variations of it over the years.
Anyway, just in case you're one of the few who hasn't tried this recipe, this is one of my family's favorite recipes. It makes enough for a small army, unless your family is a small army, then it makes enough for a family.
Broccoli SaladIngredients for Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- ½ Cup sugar
- 1 Cup mayonaise
Ingredients for Salad:
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 large stalks broccoli (cut into small flowerets; ~8 cups)
- 1 Cup raisins
- ¾ Cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ Cup onion chopped
- Cook and crumble bacon; reserve until 1 hour before serving.
- Combine ingredients for dressing and set aside.
- Prepare salad ingredients. Add to large bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad. Toss. Cover. Refrigerate.
- One hour before serving, add bacon and toss salad. Return to refrigerator.
Don't add the bacon too soon, it tends to become soggy in the refrigerator instead of staying crisp.
I've seen many variations of this salad. My sister makes it with less raisins and more onions. She also adds shredded cheese.
That's one of the nice things about this salad. You can alter it to fit your family's tastes.
For more great salad recipes visit the Ultimate Recipe Swap at LifeAsMom.