The National Park Service is having fee-free weekends at 100 parks this Summer. And there are several right here in Maryland, within just a short drive. So cool!
The fee-free weekends are:
- June 20-21, 2009 (Father’s Day weekend)
- July 18-19, 2009
- August 15-16, 2009
- Antietam National Battlefield
- Assateague Island National Seashore
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park
- Fort McHenry NM and Historic Shrine National Monument
- Fort Washington Park
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
For more details go here. And to find out which parks in your area are participating go here.
My family is planning several day trips this summer. We will certainly be including some of these. Hmmm. I wonder if I could fit in all 6 from Maryland in just three weekends? Mmm. Not likely.
Many Thanks to Crystal @ MoneySavingMom!