Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
(sorry no pictures this time)
- 1 ½ lbs round steak - cubed or strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz fresh or canned mushrooms (we prefer fresh)
- 1 Tbsp dried chives or green onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- ¼ C red cooking wine (or water if preferred)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 8 oz sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ C chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Place beef in bottom of slow cooker (frozen is okay). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add onion, mushroom soup, mushrooms.
- In small bowl mix together: chives, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, beef bouillon cube, cooking wine and cornstarch.
- Pour mixture over beef.
- Cover. Cook ~6 hours. (stir occasionally)
- Stir in sour cream, cream cheese, parsley for last ½-1 hour of cooking.
The original recipe says it serves 6, I usually find that it will feed our family of 4 twice.
This recipe gets 3 ½ out of 4 stars from my family. Three of us really love it. My daughter has decided she doesn't like it as much simply because her older brother does!
Looking for more Crockpot recipes? Visit Smockity Frocks.