With Easter, dyed eggs and egg hunts, right around the corner I decided to post my recipe for Perfectly Boiled Eggs. And I do mean perfect. The recipe originally came from Emeril LaGasse at FoodNetwork.com.
Perfect Boiled Eggs
1 dozen eggs
water to cover eggs
pinch of salt
- Place eggs in pan and cover with water. Season with pinch of salt.
- Place pan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover with lid. Let eggs sit for 11 minutes.
- Drain and cool the eggs for 2 minutes in ice water.
- Drain and dye or peel eggs.
This recipe ALWAYS works. I never get green tinged eggs and they peel wonderfully. The timing is crucial. Too long in boiling or hot water and they'll be green around the edges or difficult to peel.
This post is being linked to:
Kitchen Tip Tuesday @ Tammy's Recipes
Tempt My Tummy @ Blessed With Grace
Tasty Tuesday @ Forever...Wherever