Friday, March 20, 2009

Welcome, Ultimate Blog Partiers

Ultimate Blog Party 2009
Hi. I'm Sharon.

I'm an Unfinished Mom.

Why unfinished? Because it seems like nothing in my home is ever finished.
The dishes.
The bill paying.
The laundry.

The decluttering.
The reorganizing.
The repairing.
The cooking.
The decorating.
The budgeting.
The grocery shopping.

The coupon clipping.

I've got tons of goals to accomplish and never enough time/energy/space and motivation all at the same time to get them done. It can be frustrating at times.

I'm also unfinished because, well it may sound cliche, but God's not finished with me. I am a believer and follower of Jesus Christ. And I am a work-in-progress. God has a great future planned for me. He said so in the Bible - Jeremiah 29:11. And, He promised in Philippians 1:6 that he would continue to work on me. Right now that's what I'm counting on. Because, frankly I certainly haven't got this whole mom thing figured out.

In fact, I don't think I've got much of anything really figured out. It's all a work in progress. I'm still learning. And, that's what I blog about. I blog about this journey. The journey to being a better Mom. A better cook. A better housekeeper. A better economist. A better Christian.




Please, come in. Look around. Have a cookie. Make yourself at home.



As you mosey around, you may run into my two great kids; a boy age 7 and a girl age 5. He's into SuperHeroes, Pokemon, and is desperate for us to let him spend his itty bitty savings on a Bakugan! She's seriously into princesses, especially Cinderella, and recently discovered Fancy Nancy. They keep me busy.

I also have a fantastic husband. He is incredibly patient. He puts up with a lot of unfinished stuff. And he's really good at encouraging me. God really knew what I needed. I am humbled and grateful.

As you roam around I hope you'll find a lot of hospitality and a bit of encouragement along the way because, hey, we all need a little encouragement. And after all, aren't we all a bit unfinished?

For my part, This is my first time hopping the party, but here are few gems I've found along the way (I'll add to the list as the week continues).
BookClub4Boys
SimplyatHome - another Maryland blogger!

Just in case you haven't heard, there are lots of prizes to win at the party. My personal top three would be:
#58 The Kitchen Aid Artisan Stand Mixer
#68 $30 Gift Card to Christian Book Distributors
#123 $20 Gift Card to Kohl's

26 comments:

Wendi said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I have a 7-year old boy and a 5-year old girl too, with a 2-year old spitfire boy thrown in to the mix. Great to meet another Maryland mom

Sherrie said...

Happy UBP 2009 to you! And I can relate to the "unfinished" part in all ways. And how true that God is still working...He's working on all of us. We are all a work in progress, and how wonderful that is! :)

Anonymous said...

Hah, great site and blog title. Photos were a perfect touch. I think unfinished is just a term that comes with being a parent. I realized keeping up as the day went along was a lost cause, so my catch up time is after the little one is asleep! She is only 6 months, and it's really not that bad yet. We'll see if I have to change my methods when she gets older! Great blog! Found ya through UBP.

momstheword said...

You sound like me! My boys are now 15 and 20 and they used to be into Pokemon too. Phil 1:6 is my life verse.

I still am in progress and always learning and growing! Oh, I forot to add that I popped over from the Blog Party.

momstheword said...

I forgot to ask how long does that yogurt keep in the fridge? I would need a smaller amount to as not everyone eats it.

Loved your blog and I am going to subscribe. I have a Monday meme on homemaking if you are interested in joining sometime. We'd love to have you!

L Harris said...

Hi. Just found your blog through the party! Looks like I can relate to a lot you go through! I have 5 children - 7, 6, 3, 2, 4mos.

SisterTipster said...

I ADORE YOUR VERSE...IT IS MINE too! I use it to describe the FINISH that only OUR gracious God can do for us!!
I am trusting Him to FIX mE!
blessings
SisterTipster

homeschoolblogger.com/SisterTipster/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Well after reading your post, I have decided that I too am an unfinished mom also. And let me tell you that laundry is always unfinished!! Fun post and I loved the pictures.....reminds me of my house.
Are you in Md??? I grew up in Rockville. :)

jodifur said...

I'm party hopping! Hope to see you at my party!

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you! Love the title of your blog... thanks for stopping by my blog party, I look forward to reading more...
Great job at Aldi btw, we live about 25 minutes from one so I rarely go, but when I do I try to stock up on the cheap stuff.
Toni

Julie Donahue said...

I love the title (and meaning behind) your blog! I'm not what I used to be, but I'm not what I hope to be. Fortunately, God's grace meets me in the middle! Swing by when you can!

UnfinishedMom said...

To Sandy @ Jesus and Dark Chocolate - yes I am in Maryland, about equal distance from DC and Baltimore.

Jena said...

Very creative title to your blog. Welcome to the UBP!! Have fun.

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm an unfinished mom too :-), and I loved your intro.

Nicole said...

You and I could be twins! I have unfinished projects all over my stinkin house. It drives my hubby batty! Happy blogging and have a wonderful weekend.

Stephanie said...

I would love to have a cookie! So nice to meet you!

Tamara B. said...

Stoppingby from the Blog Party to day hi and I can really relate to your unfinished projects LOL.

Anonymous said...

I think we all are 'unfinished' moms, unless you are a mom who's got tons of maids following you and your kids everywhere you go and pick up after you, lol. Nice party and nice meeting you on UBP '09! :D

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Hi! I am so glad I dropped in to visit you at your party! What a fun blog. Try to come to my party when you can!

Mommyhood is Thankless said...

Thanks for stopping by! I am also never finished! Having an awesome time!

Jennifer said...

Ni, nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my party! I am NEVER quite finished either.

Phoebe @ GettingFreedom said...

I love the name of your blog! So incredibly true in every way. I will be back, for sure!

Thanks for stopping by my party!

Happy UBP09!

Chic Mama said...

I love the idea behind Unfinished Mom- I am so there too! Keep up the good work! See you around the UBP!

Anonymous said...

LOL! This is so me! So nice to meet you. Party hopping and participating too so stop in for a visit.

kw said...

Party hopping and I found your super cute blog! Come visit us when you get a chance.

http://thesnailstrail.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hello! Poppin’ in from The Ultimate Blog Party…all the way from Queensland, Australia! G’Day! I hope you have time to visit my party soon.

I'm giving away Pink Champagne Shower Syrup from Jaqua Beauty...stop on over and enter! Ends April 8. Open to USA.

Ta!

I want to invite you to the Mommie Daze Virtual Baby Shower that I am hosting May 15 to June 8. This is an international even and there are prizes! Stop by my blog for all the details.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin