Monday, March 30, 2009

Shoppers Trip (3/29) - Saved $26.99

Shoppers had a good sale this weekend. The $5/25 and $10/50 coupons that were in Thursday's Washington Post, Baltimore Sun & Carroll County Times, were ending and I knew there were some things we needed. I hadn't had a chance to get to the grocery store before Sunday, so, even though I hate going to the grocery store on Sunday, I felt I needed to take advantage of this sale while I could.

Going on Sunday wasn't the greatest of ideas - a lot of good coupon matchups were picked over and supplies were limited.

But, I still was fairly pleased with what I did find. So, here's the breakdown:


Total before Sales & Coupons: $57.71

Total after Sales & Coupons: $30.71

Coupons used:
1 $10/50 Shoppers coupon
1 Free Pantene style product with purchase of Pantene shampoo/conditioner
1 $1.00/1 Pantene Conditioner, doubled, also a sale item
2 $2.00/2 Wheat Thins,
1 $3.00 Store coupon for purchase of Wheat Thins
2 $0.75/1 Nestle Chocolate Chip, doubled
1 $1.00/3 Folgers Coffee, doubled

The skim milk should last us all week and the whole milk and small yogurt will be used to make our own yogurt this week ($2.36 for 1/2 gallon of yogurt = ~$0.22/6 ounces; cheaper than any sale I've seen). The apples and onion I'll need for various menu items this week. Pretty much everything else was just stock-up on stuff that I could get at a good price.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin