- 1 16 oz loaf King's Hawaiian bread
- 1 15 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained (or use chunks and chop them small)
- 1 Cup chopped celery (2-3 stalks)
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- ½ Cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ Cup raisins
- 1 14 oz can low salt chicken broth (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp sage
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Heat oven to 325°
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes. Place in a large bowl.
- Add pineapple, celery, onion, water chestnuts, almonds and raisins.
- Set aside
- In a small bowl, stir together broth with seasonings.
- Pour seasoned broth evenly over dry ingredients. Toss to combine.
- Place in a 2 qt casserole dish. Cover with foil
- Bake 30 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
For stuffing: Stuff a 10-lb bird and cook according to directions.
This makes about 2 quarts of stuffing which is a whole lot for our extended family of 6 adults and 2 kids.
There are lots more Thanksgiving recipes at the Ultimate Recipe Swap today.
And you can find more recipes at:
Friday Food @ Mom Trends