Monday, November 30, 2009

Menu Planning - Not happening


So it's now 3:30 on Monday and I haven't done a weekly menu plan.

Tomorrow is December, and in our house that means just about anything could happen to the schedule. This week in particular is going to be crazy. We have 3 big rehearsals, 1 school project due and 1 major doctor's appointment thrown into an already busy month. Most of our dinners are going to be of the quick fix, quick eat variety. Monday & Tuesday are likely to be the only days I have much time to prepare a meal and we're all home to eat it.

So, I'm thinking at this point, I'm not likely to do a written plan for the week, and I'm certainly not likely to do a full month of menu planning like I've done the past several months.  That doesn't mean we'll be eating out. There's plenty of food in the fridge and freezer ready to prep & use quickly. So I'll be relying a lot on my stockpile this week.

Here's what I do know we will be eating this week:

Leftover Chicken Tettrazini
Chicken Stir Fry
Indonesian Ginger Chicken
Some kind of chicken casserole
Spaghetti

I'm not sure when exactly some of these will be happening. I'll probably decide each morning, depending on what the day's schedule is looking like.


Breakfasts will continue to be of the oatmeal, muffin, pancake, waffle rotation we've been doing recently. And Lunches will continue to be sandwiches & leftovers which seem to work so well for our family.

Sometimes life is busy and you have to roll with it. I refuse to fret over it. Other things are much more important this week.

2 comments:

Tamil Home Recipes said...

Good post.

Cook'n said...

This is fantastic! I love this blog. i have been trying menu planning for the last several weeks and i am getting a pretty good start. Have a fantastic holiday season

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin