Unfinished Mom's Fried Apples
- 3-4 Granny Smith apples
- 3 Tbs butter
- ½ Cup sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Peel, core and cut apples into wedges.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over apples and toss until well coated.
- Pour apples into skillet and turn to coat with butter.
- Saute apples approx. 10 minutes or until they reach desired tenderness.**
- Serve warm and enjoy!***
* All ingredients are approximations, adjust according to your personal taste.
** Do not cover with a lid as the apples cook; the syrup thickens much better if the extra moisture is allowed to escape.
*** Excellent over pancakes or waffles, or just alone.
Serves about 4 people with a bit leftover.
You can find more great recipes at:
Tempt My Tummy @ Blessed With Grace
Tasty Tuesday @ Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Tuesdays at the Table @ All the Small Stuff