Whole Wheat Peach Muffins
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup + 2 Tblsp sugar
- 1½ cup peeled, pitted, chopped peaches (3-4 med.)
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix with large whisk.
- In small bowl mix milk, oil, egg and sugar.
- Mix together dry and wet ingredients. Do not stir too much; batter should be lumpy.
- Fold 1¼ cup peaches into batter, reserving ¼ cup for tops.
- Heat oven to 375°. Grease muffin tin very well.
- Fill muffin cups approx. 2/3 full (about 1/3 cup)
- Sprinkle reserved peaches over tops.
- Place in oven. Raise temperature to 400°. (see why here) Bake approx. 20 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto dishcloth. Keep inverted while cooling.
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
Be sure to grease the tin VERY WELL as they have a tendency to stick.
For more great summer recipes visit Works for Me Wednesday at WeAreTHATFamily.