Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cheat Sheet for Meats

I love to cook. But, I have a lousy memory about what temperature meat should reach. Every time I cook a chicken or chicken parts or pork chops or pork roasts or meatloaf or, well any kind of meat, I find myself scrambling to find the safe temperatures for that particular meat. Is it in this cookbook? or that one? Oh - it's on the thermometer. Oh. No, it's not. It rubbed off of that thermometer. Maybe it's on this thermometer! Ugh.

So, I finally decided to create for myself a cheat sheet.

I wrote down all the meats I regularly cook and their required temperatures on an index card and taped it to the inside of a kitchen cabinet. Now, I don't have to go searching through cookbooks or thermometers where the print has rubbed off from use. When I need to know what temperature the porkchop should be I just open up my cabinet and use my handy little digital probe thermometer and --- Wahlah! problem solved.

The cheat sheet definitely works for me.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Very simple and very practical. I think I need to do this too.

Catherine said...

Great idea!

Frugal Sara said...

Great idea, I should do this!

mub said...

This is really quite brilliant! I can -never- remember what temp I need to get meats to!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin