Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Make Ahead Day - The Plan

I'd been planning a "Make Ahead" Day for Wednesday anyway when MoneySavingMom stole my thunder posted about her bi-weekly Baking Day today. So, I decided I'd go ahead and post my plan and then I'll post some pictures and blog about it tomorrow as the day continues. I'm doing several things in advance so that we have them for quick breakfasts and snacks as well as making meal preparation easier. I tend to do Make Ahead breakfast things rather than dinner things because I am really NOT a morning person and don't want to think that much in the morning. Heating it up in the toaster or microwave is about all I want to do.

Anyway, here's the plan:
  • Yogurt (using this recipe)
  • Granola Bars
  • Banana Chip Muffins
  • Blueberry Muffins
  • 1 pot hot chocolate (ready for when my daughter gets home from preschool)
  • 1 batch grits
  • Garlic Hummus
  • Freezing red peppers (found on a great sale this week)
  • Bread in the bread machine.
To see the saga of the whole day from beginning to end, go here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin