Monday, January 5, 2009

Beginning Again

I've been contemplating this new blog for several months now. The old blog (Journey to Frugal) just didn't seem to fit where I was going. I liked blogging about being frugal. But there was so much more I wanted to blog about.

So, I'm beginning again with this new blog. I wanted to blog about the many things I am truly passionate about - cooking, kids, parenting, my faith, taking care of my family, as well as some of my other interests and things going on in my life - grief, perpetual organization issues and a host of others.

But, as I contemplated this new blog I got stuck on a name very quickly. I am no expert at any of the things I do. I'm not a parenting expert or an expert cook. I've been a Christian for over 30 years, and consider myself a mature Christian, but I still have many questions and the occasional crisis of faith. I am definitely not the most organized of persons. I have much to learn in all these areas. And so, after much contemplation and exploring many options I finally settled on "Unfinished Mom".

I am a work in progress. That old saying "Be patient with me, God is not finished with me yet!" certainly applies. But, as the verse in the header states - "God began a good work in me and He will be patient to complete it." He will be patient to complete His good work in you too. There are so many things I'm still learning about being a good mom, a good wife, a good Christian woman. There are some things I've learned that may be helpful to others. But mostly, I want to share my journey... what's happening in my life, where I've been, and occasionally where I think I am going. I'll gradually be bringing over some of the recipes and posts from my old blog. But there will be a lot of new thoughts to share as well.

So, that's where I am. If you are on this journey as well, please join in, and share your thoughts from time to time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin